Pages

30 June, 2009

Tying Up all the Loose Ends

Even when it seems that all the big things are done (getting Aliyah approval, getting the visa, arranging to be on a charter flight, yada-yada-yada) there is still more to do; it is never ending.

Tomorrow I am closing on the sale of a property to my son, then finalizing some legal issues with my estate, then taking care of some banking matters, and then having - ugh - dental work done.

Thursday I am finishing the paperwork to get one of my rentals signed up with a new property manager, attending a memorial event for my husband who died last year (it would be his 60th birthday that day), then attending the Bon Voyage party my daughter is giving me.

Friday I will check my bags again - to make sure nothing was forgotten, pick up the cake I am taking to shul, and go to services at Beth Tefillah for the next to last time. (Saturday morning will be the last time, and I am taking another cake then, as well as other food.)

Sunday, I will shlep two gigantic bags, a carry-on, and one "personal item" (i.e. -a second carry-on) to the Tampa International Airport to fly to JFK. This will be the first time in a long time that I have checked luggage; I am normally a carry-on only type. On Monday I get to do the check luggage thing all over again, but this time on an El Al charter, not Delta. It will actually be my first El Al flight

I know, it doesn't really sound like that much to do, but the fact that I no longer have a car makes it seem a little overwhelming. If it weren't for good friends and family members I couldn't get it done.

1 comment:

  1. God thing Toby managed to escape his home today to take you to the closing and dentist! I am sure you will get everything done. After today most of it seems to be picking up cakes.

    ReplyDelete