Pages

13 July, 2009

High Point of Week One



Being in Jerusalem on Sunday 12, July, was the high point of my week; I was so excited to finally do something special that I had been wanting to do for a long time.

You may be thinking that I was excited to pray at HaKotel, or to once again stroll through Ben Yehuda Mall or Mamilla Mall, or that I may have dropped in on people at the Conservative Yeshiva. While all those things would have been enjoyable, there was just no time. I was there to take care of business.

NBN had a set up whereby we could pick up our ID cards and get information from representatives of several companies all in one location. There were reps from various banks, healthplans, newspapers, magazines, and clubs/associations that might be of interest to new olim. So now you are thinking that while all that information in one place was probably helpful it doesn't really sound that exciting - and right you are.

My special treat came before I went to the NBN office; in fact it was the first thing I did after getting through the bus security at the Jerusalem CBS. I had a hamburger! Yes folks, you read correctly - I finally had a meat meal other than fish or Hebrew National. Baruch HaShem, it is great to be in a country with kosher meat.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. I realize that McDonald's is not a Kosher facility, but I have been told several times and have no reason to doubt that their meat is kosher. I am not observant enough to be concerned with the fact that they offer dairy in the same location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some are kosher as I ate in one that is today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see you are prioritizing! lol. You should find a place to live with one nearby

    ReplyDelete