Pages

29 May, 2009

Shavua Tov & Shavuot

It is Shavuot, so we are celebrating the gift of the Torah! But even without the holiday, this has definitely been a good week! NBN says they are going to contact JAFI and request my application be expedited. Also, I have found a friend who will let me stay with her when I first arrive in Haifa. This way I do not have to enter into a long-term contract for a rental, sight unseen. Julia is a life-saver! My temporary residence (at Julia's and Lily's place) will be on Hess in Haifa. Lily is a dog, by the way. I will be helping to take care of her whenever Julia is away from home. Go to Google Earth to see where I will be staying. It is 500 ft above sea level -- that is high ground for a Florida girl! Yet, it is still very close to the water.

Next week will also be a good week. How do I know? I know, because next week is the last week of work for this school year. This is very likely the end of my teaching career, other than possibly doing some private tutoring. I would have a party to celebrate, but I have no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment